NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
12,953 Posts
It's Real Simple Folks!!!!

Smoke and Mirrors and no Teeth!!!

Nothing of substance can become law in this great country of ours, without, backscratching and favors traded.

Our system of government and law making was established, before there was any fast way to communicate. You sent your reps off to washington, supossedly knowing, what was in the best interest of the people in your area, and they were expected to vote that way. It was necessary at that point in time.

WELL IT'S NOT ANYMORE!!!!!!!

If we can watch all this dribble on CSPAN, why can't we the people vote on it???????

If they had to live with what we vote for, they would think twice before proposing it. I still think we need these people to draft legislation, and look out for our interest, but that is not what happens anymore.

How hard would it be, to establish a system for registered voters, to decide these bills?????

We have PIN's for everything, why not for voting?

Just my 2 cents.

This post edited by AZFISHKILLER 03:31 PM 05/29/2007

· Registered
12,953 Posts
MakoMike wrote:
makobob wrote:
ANOTHER THING. A GUY CRAWLS UNDER THE FENCE ONE DAY BEFORE THE DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR THE NEW VISA. HE GETS A LOAN HE WILL NEVER PAY OFF FROM BANK OF AMERICA, APPLIES AND GETS A "Z" VISA CARD. HE CAN LIVE AND WORK HERE INDEFINITELY.

While I am adamantly opposed to the senate bill the above quote is not true. The deadline for being in this country to receive this amnesty was Jan. 1, 2007. It's already to late to sneak in and claim amnesty. Mt question is how are they going to know who was here on Jan. 1, 2007?

All they have to do is ask them LOL

· Registered
12,953 Posts
The whole thing is a joke in my opinion.

My favorite part, is where they have to return to their place of origin, after they declare that they are here illegally. Then they wait for the papers, that allow them to return legally? Get real!!

· Registered
12,953 Posts
What is the solution to all of this? I sure don?t know. I have my opinions, but what do I know?

I know that, just because you speak Spanish, doesn?t make you Mexican.

I know that we have illegals from every country on this planet in the USA.

I know that we share a border with mexico, so everyone crossing it illegally, is automatically assumed to be mexican, by the average joe.

I know that I have family and friends, on both sides of the mexican border.

I know that approximately 25% of the land mass of what is now the USA, was mexico, until the corrupt mexican government (Santa Ana) sold it to the USA for a pitiful sum.

I know that there is a thriving upper and middle class in mexico, that has no desire to leave their country for the USA. They like to visit, but their loyalty is to their country.

I know that the gap, between prosperity and poverty is much wider in mexico, than in the USA.

I know the government of mexico, is and always has been corrupt from top to bottom.
I know that mexico has vast natural resources, that rival any country in the world.

I know that the mexican people, have revolted in force, against their corrupt government repeatedly, and successfully. What they got, were new hogs, at the trough every time.

I know that if I break the law, and I am caught, I will be punished in some way. I also think, it is bad policy to reward people for breaking the law.

I know that, because of my ties to mexico, I am somewhat conflicted with my views.

I know how they cross the border, and I know how to stop them. So does our government, but no one has the spine for it. I know that many people, posing as latinos, are crossing into the USA, with the intent to do us harm.

I know that the border has been a sieve for hundreds of years.

I know that it will continue, unless we find someone with the guts, to step up and stop it.

I know that, when we can?t fire on a Mosque, when someone is shooting at our soldiers from there, we can?t kill em all or send them all home either. ****, we don?t even have the resolve to round em up.

I know that the southern border of mexico, with Guatemala and Belize is very narrow.

Maybe we should buy the rest of it, and be done with it!!!!!!!!!

Debate is wonderful and healthy, but what is the practical humane solution to this?

This post was not meant, to put anybody down or make them wrong. It?s just some of what I consider reality for me.

· Registered
12,953 Posts
Jaiem wrote:
AZFISHKILLER wrote:
I know that approximately 25% of the land mass of what is now the USA, was mexico, until the corrupt mexican government (Santa Ana) sold it to the USA for a pitiful sum.

Manhattan island was bought from the local indians for $24 worth of beads and trinkets.

Maybe we should give it back too?

Not suggesting anything like that. We bought and paid for it, and it is ours!!!!!

Not even thinking in that way at all. I believe you follow the rules, or you don't come here.

What I was trying to get people to see with that statement, is that, this was mexico, and when we bought it, it came with mexicans that already lived here.

Arizona at one time was the northern half of the state of Sonora mexico. When we bought it, we divided the state with mexico. Too many mexicans, the border is thier equivelant of the Berlin Wall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts