NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beachfront structure can sometimes be difficult to visualize. The pic below shows a beachfront with just about any type of structure you might come across.

A trough with several associated cuts is well evident. Picture an onshore wind kicking up the surf a bit combined with a high tide just starting to fall. As the tide drops, any bait present is going to be compressed into the water remaining in the trough. The water in the trough is going to recede through these cuts sucking the bait out with it. Wonder what might happen to them??

Further up the beach you can make out 2 distinct points with bowl formed between them. I would think a wind from a direction parallel to the beach just MIGHT be enough to kick up enough of a current/sweep to form a nice little rip off these guys and that bowl MIGHT have water deep enough for "the hogs" to lay in wait !!!!

Off in the distance the beach makes a noticeable turn forming a sweet point. Water moving along the beach will generally be deflected by these points causing some sweet conditions. I would think a good breeze blowing in the same direction as the current would only add to the rip created here. :) :)

The statements would serve me as just starting assumptions when viewing a stretch I have never been on before. (like this one!!) May very well be that this particular stretch does not light up until the tide has bottomed and you need to wade out through the trough to the outer bar to reach the fish. Maybe the far point only turns on when water is running from left to right but is dead when the water goes right to left. Could happen!!

Stay flexible, fish different pieces under different conditions and then post your new found hotspots in the Reports section. LOL !!!

Cheers.............Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The majority of the backside in that picture appears featureless, except for the obvious bar built up in the lower right. The corners of that bar look like they end in some deeper water. Depending on which way the current was running, I would be on the downtide side to start. :):)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.