NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
because i forgot one of the fuel tnks was filled with 5$ bills...

but seriously.....it did 20 knots, was no frills and it was set up exactly how i wantd it. when i sold it i needed the money....rather than go out and buy a project and redo it and kick myself all the way thru it...that boat was exactly how i wanted it from aluminum eletronic boxes to double anchor pulpit.....

definitely not a duffy.......but for what i want to do with my family it was perfect

plus my daughter caught a 9 pound fluke when she was 5 on it and actully still remembers it.

·
Registered
17,235 Posts
bloodnguts wrote:
but seriously.....it did 20 knots, was no frills and it was set up exactly how i wantd it. when i sold it i needed the money....rather than go out and buy a project and redo it and kick myself all the way thru it...that boat was exactly how i wanted itbeen there, done that:rolleyes::rolleyes: My Fortier26 is out on the L.I. forks. I wrote a couple of letters to the new owner telling him to contact me if he ever sold it, but he ignored me.:(

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Gary do you remember what the guy named his boat ? I think a CG documentation search might point you towards the owner.

Sortie, you had a 26 Fortier ? I'm actually looking at those right now. Few and far between. Where did the boat go to on LI. I know of about half a dozen.

·
Registered
24,271 Posts
GradySailfish wrote:

Gary do you remember what the guy named his boat ? I think a CG documentation search might point you towards the owner.

Sortie, you had a 26 Fortier ? I'm actually looking at those right now. Few and far between. Where did the boat go to on LI. I know of about half a dozen.

I accidentally ran across the Fortier boatworks in Swansea, Mass. It is directly across the Taunton River from the USS Massachusetts. Looked like a nice operation inside.

This post edited by jpd 10:15 AM 02/13/2008

Attachments

·
Registered
17,235 Posts
GradySailfish wrote:

Sortie, you had a 26 Fortier ? I'm actually looking at those right now. Few and far between. Where did the boat go to on LI. I know of about half a dozen. Alex, there's always an F26 or two in the Soundings classifieds. Whenever I see the Fortier Bros' ad in Soundings I think I'm going to get another one...perfect boat for the LIS. If memory serves my F26 was bought by a fellow who owned a towing operation. He lived in Sag Harbor. BOat name was 'Black Dog' when I owned it; he may have changed the name.

There was a beautiful Bertram 31 pictured in the Soundings classifieds this month....completely re-done @ $190K

This post edited by SORTIE 04:15 PM 02/13/2008

Attachments

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
invincible wrote:
gary dont undersell yourself. 135k newly rebuilt diesels 25kt cruise 35kt top end, 500gal fuel 36 ft aluminum fishing machine

What boat is this your talking about? I maybe in the market within the next few weeks.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tunaorlater wrote:
invincible wrote:
gary dont undersell yourself. 135k newly rebuilt diesels 25kt cruise 35kt top end, 500gal fuel 36 ft aluminum fishing machine

What boat is this your talking about? I maybe in the market within the next few weeks.

check yer pm's.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Thats a nice Bertram Sortie, but there's no way she burns 6.9GPH at 26.

Maybe she burns 6.9 per side at 26 MPH, not knots.

I like those Fortiers, although I think I'll keep the Grady for a while longer.

RedEd is the boats name Blackjack, or does the owner have a nephew who lives in Baldwin harbor, last name Zrambera. ?

-Alex

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
tunaorlater wrote:
invincible wrote:

you sell the Fishwish

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.