NorEast Fishing Forum banner

Identify this part

996 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Toutog 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me what the name of this part is? I lost it while cleaning my Abu Garcia 6500 reel and want to see if I could find one at a local hardware store.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Joe - that's the "C"-clip that's under the handle nut and its purpose is to take up any clearance in the bronze bridge sleeve-to-brake plate fit.

If you take off the handle nut and look at the Stainless end of the brake-plate spindle protruding up through bronze sleeve you will see the incised groove that it fits into.

Its made of stainless and is almost impossible to find in any hardware store, but any decent tackle shop should have them to fit most any Abu.

If you want, PM me your mailing address, I have a bunch here at home and I'll send ya a couple.

rgds, Leprechaun

(This post edited by Leprechaun on 03/01/2003)

Attachments

#4 ·
C-Clip

Hey Lep,
Thanks for Straightening Me out. I always thought that it was called a
"J"-clip...
Aren't they the same as them clips that held the linkage on to the carb?

Everytime my Father would loose one he would yell "Jesus" hence came the name
"J" clip....

OK Smart guy....what is a "Ratchet" ??

Gotta go wet a Line before I loose my mind!
Toutog:)

#7 ·
T - do you mean one from my old alma-mater Crap-on or a real tool, like say from SK? ;)

Actually, Striper stole my thunder, only heard that one about 53-million times on my old route.

Still **** funny though.

Are we still on for some June back-bay chummin'? Wait till you see the reel and stick I'm puttin' together for those nasty nite-time shallow water schoolies, really schweeet .

rgds, Leprechaun

Attachments

#9 ·
Naaa, we can use mine, you'll like how that fat-ass keel boat rolls nicely off the mudflats geting into my pet spot. Thank God for Garmin chartplotters. Nothing like watching the crabs scurry away from an inboard prop.

Plus the boat's nicelyset up with overhead fluorescent lighting for night work.

You'll have to sign a "Non-compete" contract or wear blinders going in there though. Its too good a spot to reveal. ;)

rgds, Leprechaun

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.