NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up Al - I'm looking for a reel I can use for a lot of different Saltwater applications. Jigging both Bass & Blues, Blackfish, and now maybe even for the surf. Looking at the 332-5 or the 235-5. The rod I am going to put it on is the Calstar 700L (with the Purple wraps and spiral guides - if I can pry it away from Crash)

I was going to buy a Penn 535 (the one I have is not mine), but it's a bit heavier and too wide.

Thanks, Billy

·
Registered
10,967 Posts
Hi Billy.

I use a Newell 338-3.6 for blackfishing on the meat stick. I think it is too heavy for your 700L. I think the 235 (which I use on the reef) is not heavy enough.

The Nassau Colesium show is this week. The Newell Co. usually has a booth there with all their reels displayed. Will you be going to the show?

I expect to be at the Shinne**** Star booth all 4 days.

Take care.

Neil

Have Fun Fishing. Capt Neil
Custom Fishing Rods by Captain Neil

·
Registered
9,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Neil - I believe I will be there, unless the Ice Fishing is too hot to pass up - lol!! i'll check out the booths and hang out with you at teh Shinny Star booth as well. Bring a Twisted Sister so I have something to play with!!

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Hey Billy40,
As you know... I have many Newells for various applications... But if you are looking for a multi-purpose Newell... I have to say the 229 is your best ticket! It's light enough for Powercasting, Jigging, Eeling and Bottom fishing.

Hey Capt. Neil... I will be stopping by to see ya. ;)

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.