NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Lamiglas 10' rod that I am mainly using for plugs and the occasional clambelly. I need to buy a reel for it and I was thinking of the Shimano Stradic 6000. Does anybody have another suggestion? I want to keep it under $200.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Tica Libra = somewhere around $80.

Model Ratio Weight Capacity Bearings
SA3500 5.2:1 14.8oz 10-250 12-230 14-205 10 Bearings +
1Roller Bearing
SA4000 5.2:1 15.3oz 12-300 14-260 17-215 10 Bearings +
1Roller Bearing

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you end up looking at Tica, and you're willing to spend about $200, look at the Tica Taurus.

I ordered the Taurus TP6000B, just waiting for it to come in.... Has been given very good reviews.

Here are the vitals on it:
P6000B Gear Ratio:4.9 Weight:22.7 Line#:17-340 20-205 25-165 Ball Bearings: 13B.B.,1R.B

Here's a pic:

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
No doubt the Taurus is a real sweet reel - have 1 myself. I'm absolutely sure you will love it.

I just thought Marytylerbore was looking for a comparably sized reel as the Stradic hence the Libra suggestion - actually the Libra is more in the Sustain bracket - i'm sure you know what I mean . . .

·
Registered
197 Posts
I didn't take into account that he might have wanted a similar sized reel....

I did get my Taurus today, it is a beautiful piece of work.... Nice and smooth operation too, gonna try it out as soon as this **** rain stops!

·
Registered
300 Posts
PENN 704Z around $70

It can take a beating & keep on reeling!
Easy to get parts if you need to replace or fix. I have mine 3 years now is still in the same condition as when I bought it. First 2 years I used it for
tossing bait now I have it on my 10ft St.croix with #30 fireline and can cast Lures a Country mile.
Smooth cast and retrieve.
Definetly a dependable reel with
alot of Muscle power.

Local #1049

·
Registered
338 Posts
Reels

I agree with IBEW Penn Spinfisher 704z or the Spinfisher 706z are true work horses. I own six of them. They will last a very, very long time, parts are available, easy to repair, cost $ 70 to $90 new. However they are a little heavy. You can find used ones on Ebay that are cheap and work very well.

The reels that are mentioned above (Tica, Taurus, Stellas)are also fine reels that are lighter, but I don't know how easy they are to repair.

Tag & Release
Tiderunner

·
Registered
56 Posts
Haven't had any experience in needing to repair my Tica (or any of my other reels - thank goodness!). I'm a clutch when it comes to these things and don't think I will or can do repairs myself on anything.

What I know from experiences of friends is the excellent Tica service. If something goes wrong - send it back and they will fix it at no cost - even send you a new one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.