NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new rod for my Penn International 30SW, and I am looking for any recommendations. I was wondering if any one has used any of the shimano rods or the offshore angler rods from bass pro shops. Or is my best bet just to get a penn rod. I want a good stand-up rod. I will be using it mostly for tuna. Offshore of Long Island. I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
Rick

·
Registered
175 Posts
Do NOT buy the Outer Banks ( Boaters World) custom tuna rods. I have broken 3 of them, under normal fishing conditions, in the last 3 seasons. I don't even want a replacement for the last one. My friends have had great luck with the Offshore Angler rods. They take a beating and stay in one piece.
Tight Lines, Jim

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey thanks for all the Help. I think that I got it down to 2 choices. The seeker BTS660XH or the penn international tuna stick (the white one). I want all rollers and I will be using it for both trolling and chunking off of my own boat.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Rods

Just a suggestion-what ever rod you decide on, make sure it has a slick or aluminum butt. It's a lot easier to get out of the rod holder! Some of the off shore rods look good, but when you look at them, they have foam butts (i.e. Shakespeare)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.