NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crazy-Al,
I am not a big believer in global warming, other than the Earth going through it's natural cycles. However, I might be changing my mind. I clicked on Sea Temps the other day and to my surprise ( horror? ), I noticed the water temps seem to be going up!!! If this holds most of the winter and things don't cool down enough, do you think we will have an exceptionally hot summer in terms of water temperature? If so, what kind of unusual species could we find in our waters? Would any of them be bottom-feeders? THANKS,

SEAWOLF

This message was edited by SEAWOLF on 1-10-02 @ 11:47 AM

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
SeaWolf wrote:
I noticed the water temps seem to be going up! If this holds most of the winter and things don't cool down enough, do you think we will have an exceptionally hot summer in terms of water temperature? If so, what kind of unusual species could we find in our waters? Would any of them be bottom-feeders?

Hmmm... That's a very interesting observation!

The past few years I've noticed a few Cobia, Tarpon and Jacks in our bays to confirm of this global warming.

At the same token, last year I found an unusual pod of Spanish macks and Bonito in the Great South Bay during the month of June.

I am still waiting for the day when the grouper starts migrating into our waters... ;)

How many other fishers out there noticed this unusual phenomenon?

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Crazy,
I believe there was a posted report from someone out of GSB area last summer, that he had caught a 10 inch Black Grouper. Who knows, maybe some day down the line, you might actually get your wish!!!!!!!!!

SEAWOLF

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.