NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Less than a month to go and I still havent booked my airfare to Cozumel. Well I had to kind of wait for my passports to arrive which they just did.

Ive been looking online and it looks like the best way to get to Cozumel is fly into Cancun then find transportation from the airport to Playa de carmen and from there jump on the ferry to Cozumel.

Is this really the best way to go?

·
Banned
7,820 Posts
Flying is the easiest and fastest way,
about $150-200 r/t in additional airfare expense pp.

or
Van $100 each way
Ferry $15 pp each way
About 3 hours travel time with waiting time included.

If anyone is prone to seasickness take precautions before getting on the ferry,
as there is usually a big swell at the crossing.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm pretty sure Continental has a flight out of Houston that hits both Cancun & Cozumel.

Gaucho wrote:
Less than a month to go and I still havent booked my airfare to Cozumel. Well I had to kind of wait for my passports to arrive which they just did.

Ive been looking online and it looks like the best way to get to Cozumel is fly into Cancun then find transportation from the airport to Playa de carmen and from there jump on the ferry to Cozumel.

Is this really the best way to go?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think Continental flies direct from newark to coz, or you can connect thru Houston and fly into Coz that way.

otherwise, its fly to cancun, van/shuttle/taxi to Playa del Carmen (anywhere from 45 min to 1.5hrs depending upon what type of service/#of stops, and then an approx 1 hr ferry ride across to Coz town dock, and then taxi to Coz hotel.

I've done it both ways, and unless the flight to coz is way more $ than the one to cancun (or you are going for a long time and dont mind blowing the better part of a day traveling each way), I MUCH prefer flying direct into Coz.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.