NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 2 year old deceided to start pressing keys on my keyboard and now some of the letter are coming up like crazy characters.....but if i press the function key and the actual letter i want it works fine.....but its driving me crazy...

so.....how do i disable the funtion key...or how do i return the keyboard back to normal?.....

its a hp presario laptop.

·
Registered
24,271 Posts
Quick search found this

The issue: When I use the laptop keyboard, the keys associated with a function-level character default to that character. If I hold down the function key I get the regular characters.

A half-solution: In preferences>keyboard>layout options>Use keyboard led to show alternate group, I checked the box for "numlock LED shows alternative group."
-- Now I get the correct keys when I type regularly on the laptop keyboard and when I use the function key. But the Numlock LED never comes on -- even when I'm holding down the function key to get the alternate group.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.