NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been fishing Montauk since the seventies,Never made it to far from the point,always did fine there or a little south or north. I am ready to start checking out some of the other hot spots but am unfamiliar with the names and the locations. Can you tell me where to purchase a good map of Montauk or give me some other advice. Thanks alot!

· Registered
343 Posts
When you're in Montauk, Freddie's has a nice map that's free for the asking. Johnnie's has an oversized chart that costs $20 and isn't NEARLY as complete. You can be sure he won't tell you about the FREE map at Freddies.

Flounder

PS: Go to BOTH shops, and give your business to the one with the best prices, or to the one that's most helpful/friendly, or the one with the best selection. Your parameters, decide for yourself.

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tips.Will grab a free one at Freddies friday night. I am there all the time,nice shop nice people,and the selection of surf plugs is the best.Stopped in there last saturday and they had a guy outside grilling hot dogs and hamburgers for free. Why would I go anywhere else.

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey ack96 Thanks alot,been trying to make a map out of bits and pieces for a couple weeks now.Map came just in time to run out to montauk at noon tomorrow. feel a sudden sickness coming on.Must have been that bad sandwich I ate boss.See ya out there Thanks again Dan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.