NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow anglers. I'm interested in making my own saltwater lures. I'm looking for components such as diamond jigs, lead heads, swimming plug bodies, etc., at reasonable prices. I have a few catalogs already, but they mainly cater to freshwater fishing, and most of the tackle is very light.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
With the "season" right around the corner, it's time to get my arsenal ready for battle.

P.S. Any word of some stray stripers hanging around the Montauk / Eastern LI area?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hey Ottomat, I find a great place for general lure building materials such as some molds and paint and the liking is SRMO.com which is Shark River Mail Order, they cater to the saltwater fisherman and ship fast, they also have some of the best prices out there. Another place is Janns Netcraft, which features much more than Shark RIver but is slightly more expensive. Hope this info helps

Greggie

·
Registered
5 Posts
FOR SALTWATER PLUGS ,YOU MIGHT WANT TO TRY GETTING VARIOUS WOODEN DOWEL SIZES FROM HOME DEPOT WHICHI I USE TO MAKE PENCIL POPPERS AND NEEDLE FISH AND SOME DARTER TYPES OF VARYING LENGTHS,THESE REQUIRE SOME EXTENSIVE SANDING BUT I MANAGE TO GET ALONG WITH WHAT I HAVE.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.