1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somethings fishy in this story.....

Captains intently watching water temperature

APP wrote:
Top individual catches included Mike Vastola, Lavallette, with 21 sea bass and four porgies; Alan Kinsey, Maplewood, with 25 sea bass and 10 porgies; Daniel Rue, Palisades Park, with 23 sea bass and a pollock; and Mike Langevin and Bill Tragesvr, Merrick, N.Y., with 30 sea bass, 11 porgies and three ling.

Isn't the rec limit 25 sea bass in NY and NJ??:confused:

Thats a rhetorical question....I checked- it is.

Seems kind of strange to print this guys name and **make it sound like** that he took five fish over the limit?

This post edited by loligo 09:42 AM 02/12/2008

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
liJRtt wrote:
never says that he kept 30, all it states is that he was high hook with 30. I would imagine he only kept his limit or it would not be posted like that

True...but it reads like he took 30.

And never give the newspapers that much credit for discretion.

I read stories like that, which often state something that we all know is "improper" but they print it anyways?

·
Banned
2,305 Posts
KILSONG wrote:
If I read correctly, Mike langevin and Bill Tragesvr had 30 seabass, 11 porgies and three ling.

That's how I read it, two with 30 and who knows if they kept them all.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This reminds me of a story in the cape cod times a few years ago about herring, in which the local bait shops were interviewed about "illegal"
herring sales and they all were saying how they only bought herring from "licensed" fishermen, when there is no such thing as a permit to sell river herring in MA......

Newspapers are always printing stuff without actually considering what they are printing:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
loligo wrote:
Newspapers are always printing stuff without actually considering what they are printing

Sounds more like a reading comprehension problem than a newspaper problem.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MisterX wrote:
loligo wrote:
Newspapers are always printing stuff without actually considering what they are printing

Sounds more like a reading comprehension problem than a newspaper problem.

Excuse me?

This post edited by loligo 11:06 AM 02/12/2008

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.