NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,363 Posts
Nah, she was working the skyline in Salt Lake City...

That's what that photo says...

·
Registered
7,368 Posts
how about her recent crys of poverty, and how most of her campaign staff work as volunteers.

This serves several purposes for her,

1. She implys a message that she is worthy of support, in that her supporters are so strongly dedicated to her, and her cause that they work for free.

2.That it's not about money for her. Furthers her portrayal of herself as a peoples candidate, while gaining confidence of lower/middle class.

3.Brings in new contributions (reports I heard said she netted between 3-5 mil in new money from it)...

He was not known as Slick Willy for nothing!!

·
Premium Member
74,095 Posts
How can she be one of the "little people" and afford to loan her campaign $5 million like it was nothing? All smoke and mirrors, pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain!

·
Registered
18,000 Posts
Didn't Romney spend $40 million of his own money he made from shutting down US factories and shipping out jobs overseas?

If you answer yes, you are correct. Please feel free to vote yourself a tax break...

See you on election day. Smile

·
Registered
27,361 Posts
likeitreallyis wrote:
Didn't Romney spend $40 million of his own money he made from shutting down US factories and shipping out jobs overseas?

If you answer yes, you are correct. Please feel free to vote yourself a tax break...

Romney also helped to Start companies like Staples & Home Depot. How many people are employed in the US in those two companies alone?

Didn't YOU layoff 30 people in your own business and outsource their jobs?

·
Registered
18,000 Posts
Scott1280 wrote:
likeitreallyis wrote:

Romney also helped to Start companies like Staples & Home Depot. How many people are employed in the US in those two companies alone?

Didn't YOU layoff 30 people in your own business and outsource their jobs?

Hi Scott :)

Yup you are correct... wasn't my idea though it's easier for them to have the "little people" deliver thier message.

Yup without Romney there would be no office supply and home improvement stores. I like Lowe's better anyway. I don't need any staples right now.

See you on election day

This post edited by likeitreallyis 01:54 PM 02/08/2008

·
Registered
27,361 Posts
likeitreallyis wrote:

Hi Scott :)

Yup you are correct... wasn't my idea though it's easier for them to have the "little people" deliver thier message.

Yup without Romney there would be no office supply and home improvement stores. I like Lowe's better anyway. I don't need any staples right now.

I thought it was your own company. Can't hold you to that one for being the messenger.

As for Romney, there would be office supply stores & home improvement stores without him, not to worry. However, those companies, and other businesses are started by risk takers and entrepreneurs. They take big risks for sometimes big rewards. Take away that incentive by telling them you'll tax the [email protected] out of them if they make money, they'll stop.

Sorry to keep shining a light on your rhetoric. I know how much easier it is when you can make statements without actually having to back them up. Tell you what, I'll give you a freebie. Go ahead and say something outrageous and even if it's not based in reality, I'll give you a free pass.

·
Registered
18,000 Posts
Scott Scott Scott...

I do not take back anything I said..

The 1 perecent richest get the biggest tax breaks and are projected to get over half of ALL of them by 2010.. I do not take this back even though it is agreed you won the debate there. I just got sick of arguing with you about it....

And are you now disageeing over Romney's offshoring exploits too?

Poor guy.. could throw 40 million at his own campaign and not even feel it... poor poor guy..

Yes Scott everyone pays taxes. Everyone. ;)

There is my "free pass" statement...

Thanks, I feel better now.

·
Registered
27,361 Posts
likeitreallyis wrote:
Scott Scott Scott...

I do not take back anything I said..

The 1 perecent richest get the biggest tax breaks and are projected to get over half of ALL of them by 2010.. I do not take this back even though it is agreed you won the debate there. I just got sick of arguing with you about it....

And are you now disageeing over Romney's offshoring exploits too?

Poor guy.. could throw 40 million at his own campaign and not even feel it... poor poor guy..

Yes Scott everyone pays taxes. Everyone. ;)

There is my "free pass" statement...

Thanks, I feel better now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.