NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is anybody doing anything on the southshore,,,captree etc.i tryed for alittle while at captree today in a few spots... really just wetting a line an some scouting :confused:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
ANyone know if the herring are in Shinne**** or Greenport docks? was thinking of wetting a line on Friday if weathers decent. I know they were in Shinne**** 3wks ago not thick but there just wondering if anybody has tried lately

·
Registered
18,000 Posts
never tried out there was thinking maybe the canal?

It seemed the bluefish took a North Shore/CT/NY bight exit could the herring be taking the same route? Why Magnolia and not FI?

the thrill of the chase indeed.

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
I've seen the herring pushing into Fire Island inlet a few days this year, and pushing up the bay ion this morning's flood, past the bridge. the dredge in the inlet shouldn't effect the movement, but the dredging in the Basin could effect the fishing at Captree.

Paul

·
Registered
18,000 Posts
CaptPaul wrote:
I've seen the herring pushing into Fire Island inlet a few days this year, and pushing up the bay ion this morning's flood, past the bridge. the dredge in the inlet shouldn't effect the movement, but the dredging in the Basin could effect the fishing at Captree.

Paul

Just got back from Captree fished the incoming.. nothing.. no scales on any docks..

funny you're not allowed to fish these piers at night yet but they light them all up for what I don't know... just to burn Arab oil I guess

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.