NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BOSTON GLOBE if you can get it, do so
and read the front page caption "Sports fishing CUTS cod supply" YUp this is going to get ugly. My experience with Yankee fleet, Capt. Phil has not been
shin deep in cod. In fact he's very much environmentaly concientous. He has been advocating self regulation for years in an effort to thwart off this very crap. don't know about other's but I know yankee fleet has been making an effort. Now that I have my own (private)
boat I don't need or want to take several fish per trip. But with Mass in particular why the disparity between party boat limits and individual anglers. bet it's because we don't have
as big a voice. HOW DO WE PROTEST and BE HEARD!

Glen

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just another story about the poor commercial fishermen, someone else is killing fish, besides them. The reporter on this story makes us out to be the 'bad guys', when, in reality the commercials caused the collapse in the first place. I suggest everone read the story above........Steve

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2000lbs

Have heard, so this is hear-say, that the commies still haul in up to 2K lbs
on their decks, keep their limit and give their buddies a few hundred, etc. etc. If this is true sounds as though their determined to undermine the intent of "limits" and clean it out.
However; I can't say I've heard any reasonable compromises put forth and I
can't say I'm knowledgable enough to suggest one. But I'm learning.

g

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.