NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need directions going from Cypress Avenue in Ridgewood to Demo and the Robert Moses fields. I am used to fish at breezy point and Fort Tilden but I have never ventured to Long Island, would someone please help me find the way?

Polo

P.S.

It would be real good if I could find a map to all the fishing locations in the area. If anyone knows of such a map I would greatly appreciate if you could tell me where to find it.:)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Take southern state pkwy to robert moses causeway south. Take the causeway over both bridges which will lead you to the circle, you will see the brick tower or needle. Anyway, as you drive around the circle take the first right, which goes west and take it all the way to the end. At the end is the entrance to Democrat Point which is accessible with a beach 4X4 permit. If you don't have a 4X4 when you get to the end the road loops back and the first parking field is #2. Enter in this field and park in the southwest corner. From here if you walk on the beach and continue west about 1/2 mile you will reach the ocean side of Demo.

·
Registered
343 Posts
From Cypress Street, take the Interboro (now Jackie Robinson) Parkway EAST to Grand Central
Continue EAST on Grand central until it becomes Northern State Parkway. Get over to right.
Follow sign that says "Jones Beach" and you will be on the Meadowbrook Parkway SOUTH.
The end of the Meadowbrook is Jones Beach. The major road in Jones Beach is Ocean Pkwy.
You can fish WE2, or Jones Inlet right there, you can follow Ocean Parkway EAST to JB6 or
JB10. If you continue on Ocean Parkway EASTBOUND, you hit Gilgo, Tobay and Cedar.
Oak Iskland is next and Captree is last. Just before Captree you get a chance to cross a
bridge to Robert Moses State Park. Demo is the WESTERNMOST tip of the park. Fiels 2,
Field 4 and Field 5 all have their moments, as does the bay side.

You've just been given 10 years of exploration. If you want MORE, there IS a map.
The map shows all the "secret spots" and exactly how to get there! Readily available too!
It's called HAGSTROM ROAD ATLAS, SUFFOLK COUNTY Edition.
"Very funny" you think ...but that map has been very valuable to my fishing trips.
It has shown me access, where I thought there was none.

There is 120 miles of shoreline between Coney Island and Montauk, and thats just the SOUTH
shore, the NORTH shore is more convoluted, so the shoreline is even longer. We can safely say there is more than 250 miles of shoreline, how many fishing spots is that?

Do you think anyone will give you directions to a spot that holds 6 cars? No way!
You're on your own now.

Flounder

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.