NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Someone just gave me a couple of packages of 2/0 hooks. One package is Mustad # S71SSS O'Shaughnessy - stainless steel-1X long & 2X heavy with a straight eye and the other package is Mustad 3407DT. The person that gave them to me said his father tied his own rigs but wasn't sure what type of fish he targeted or what type of rig he tied (sad to say my, friend doesn't fish and his dad is no longer around). Looking at these hooks I'm not too sure myself what fish to use these on. I'm thinking maybe I can tie some hair or feathers on these make up some teasers for fluke, but the hook looks a little to small. Are these better suited for blackfish and sea bass?

Any help will be greatly appreciated .................. Joe

·
Registered
322 Posts
I always carry around a bunch of the 4/0 mustad 3407's. They work well for me at the Race when I'm using bait for blues and bass. I believe the party boats in the area use 7/0 for their drail rigs since they last very long and are almost impossible for fish to bend open. I am not too familiar with the other hook you mentioned. Good luck.

Nanbay Fluker

·
Registered
97 Posts
Should be good teaser hooks for fluke.I use 2/0-3/0 34007 for fluke teasers.It is the same hook as 3407 but stainless steel instead of durotin.The other hook I believe is the signature series hook-same hook but 2x strong.Hope this helps you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.