NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys. After all these years of fishing for flounder in Jersey, I'm finally going to give NY flounder a try. I've always wanted to try out the little creeks that you guys have anyway.
Can someone please give me any info regarding the creeks, etc. that are close to Jersey (Freeport, etc)?
Is there anywhere to launch my aluminum skiff?
Any info to fishing spots?I only have a 6 hp motor on the boat, so I don't want to make long runs to fishing spots.
Also, is there anywhere to fish from shore in the same areas?
Im not asking for your "secret spots", just a little info.
~Thanks and tight lines~

~spinfreak~

· Registered
947 Posts
In Baldwin, launch on Atlantic Avenue, pretty sure it's Milburn Creek. From there it's fish Milburn, Parsonage and Randall Bay within a quarter mile. There is also a ramp in Freeport but you would go to fish Baldwin anyway. That was the hotspot locally for the first two weeks last season.

Bill Sullivan
Jones/Debs editor
Nor'east Saltwater

· Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not too familiar with the area, but I looked on Maquest, and I think I see where you are talking about. Is it right next to the park?
I seen alot of creeks and stuff around there. Are flounder caught all throughout them, or just in certain areas?
~thanks~

~spinfreak~

· Registered
947 Posts
Yes, you would have to take Sunrise Hway to Grand Ave South to Atlantic Ave.

Fishing is done from the mouth of the canal all the way up. At one point last year the fish were just off the boat ramp at Atlantic Ave.
In fact the people with the houses pick their share of fish.

A fair sized fleet of skiffs will be working those three areas

Bill Sullivan
Jones/Debs editor
Nor'east Saltwater

· Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been out to Moriches for Fluke. When I went there, I rented boats from Silly Lily. It's a shame that the old guy passed (I think his name was Gary.). He was a really nice guy. Anyway...I know that they do have good flounder fishing out that way, but I wanted to try something closer to home. But now htat you mentioned it, I just might try a trip out to Moriches if I get a chance this year.

~spinfreak~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.