NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.k I need some help.I grew up on the north shore of L.I.I now live in Patchogue on the bay and need some help on where to fish.I know they catch week`s right out of the river but where do I go for fluke and bass?Do I have to go to the inlet`s?The chart look`s kind of scary there is a lot of low water.Any help would be appreciated.Thank`s in advance.Jonny

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
where to fish

I used to live in patchogue, now I live in farmingdale and I still fish in moriches bay. Patchogue is in the middle of moriches and fire island inlet. It takes a little getting used to going from patchogue to moriches. It get shallow near bellport when you make the turn to the bridge.
You can fish for fluke from the bridge to the inlet and catch bass inside the inlet.Once you learn the water you'll like moriches.

Good luck
Treypescatorie

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank`s for the help.I know once I get to Moriches bay I will like it.Joining a fishing club is a great idea.I`ll look into that.I`ll keep you posted on any catches but I think I`m going to Just try to learn my way around first.Thank`s Jonny

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank`s for the help.I know once I get to Moriches bay I will like it.Joining a fishing club is a great idea.I`ll look into that.I`ll keep you posted on any catches but I think I`m going to Just try to learn my way around first.Thank`s Jonny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.