NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be the Lauderdale/ Miami Area in Late Feb. Can anyone recommend a good party boat in either Key Largo, Marathon Key, or Islamorada?

I've already started checking a few out via websites, I've found a couple that look pretty good. Marathon Lady and Capt Chan's Gulf Stream in Key Largo.

I"m going to drive to the one of the keys for a head boat trip at least one day while I'm down there. I don't want to drive as far as Key West,
so I'd like to hit a good boat in one of these closer locations.

Any good advice will be appriciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
87 Posts
marathon lady

I don't know the boat referenced above, but i've always really enjoyed the marathon lady. If you do it, be sure to call in advance (like a week or so) and make sure to reserve spots in the BACK of the boat as that's where the regulars reserver spots and is where the bigger fish are caught due to the chum drift.

when are you going? im thinking about going down there soon for some fishing.
-chase

·
Registered
512 Posts
Key Largo

Gulfstream 305-451-9788

Sailors Choice 305-451-1802 www.sailorschoicefishingboat.com

Marathon

Sea King 305-289-0827

Marathon Lady 305-743-5580 www.fishfloridakeys.com/marathonlady

Islamorada

Miss Islamorada 800-742-7945

Capt. Michael 877-664-8498 www.robbies.com

Key West

Yankee Capts 800-942-5464 www.yankeecapts.com

Greyhound V 305-296-5139

Tortuga IV 305-293-5139 www.tortugacharters.com

Gulfstream III 305-296-8494 www.keywestpartyboat.com

Florida Fish Finder 888-362-3474 www.fishingfloridakeys.com

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow thanks fellas!

That's allot of good info! Some really good endorsements too! I'll be down there from Feb 22nd through Feb 26th, at least those are days that i can potentially fish. I'm thinking of trying my Keys trip to either Largo or Marathon on Monday the 25th. I'm not exactly sure which is closer to Miami right now Marathon or Largo?

I'm actually leaning toward Marathon because he runs half days. That way I can have my mom, and wife on the boat with me in the morning, then they can get off the boat for the afternoon trip, and go eat, see sights, and hit the beach, while I take in the afternoon trip too of course!

Thanks for the tip, I will reserve in advance. I do hate dong that because you never know how the weather will turn out to be on any given day. I don't want to take my ladies out on the water if it's crappy.

The show stopper now would be if I hooked up with someone for an affordable night sword trip! Miracles can happen! Look at the Giants for example!

·
Registered
87 Posts
advance booking

i'm not sure that you have to pay in advance on the marathon lady to reserve a spot on the back.. when i was there about 4 years ago you didn't. it might have been about 5$ extra but im not sure. Also, if you feel up for it, you might try dropping a jig on one of the reef pb's as i've always wondered if you could catch them on jigs (standard bait is squid/mullet). Either post a report or pm me how the trip goes. Im thinking about flying down there last minute next weekend...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.