NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good friend of mine is going to Maui & Kaui in July. I was hoping someone knows of a good charter boat to fish on. Bottom fishing or Offshore fishing. Any help would be great.
Thank You

·
Premium Member
74,095 Posts
The bottom fishing boats on Kaui fish right off the beaches, you would probably do just as well fishing from the beach. I had a ball fishing from the shore in the Poipu area of Kaui.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Mike,

I'll be in Kaui and Maui in 2 weeks. I read your post to someone else in the Fishing Destinations forum, and I'm planning on bringing a travel rod with a bunch of tins (deadly dicks, kastmasters, cripled herrings, etc.) to cast from the beach. Should I bring anything else??

I plan on taking an inter-island flight to Kona at least once or twice to go out on a charter. I'm hoping the fishing is decent. I'm happy fishing either big game or light tackle, so I'm open to whatever is going to give me the most action!!

·
Premium Member
74,095 Posts
Fieldtester wrote:
Mike,

I'll be in Kaui and Maui in 2 weeks. I read your post to someone else in the Fishing Destinations forum, and I'm planning on bringing a travel rod with a bunch of tins (deadly dicks, kastmasters, cripled herrings, etc.) to cast from the beach. Should I bring anything else??

I plan on taking an inter-island flight to Kona at least once or twice to go out on a charter. I'm hoping the fishing is decent. I'm happy fishing either big game or light tackle, so I'm open to whatever is going to give me the most action!!

You'll be better of staying in Kona for a night rather than flying back and forth. Air fare is about $100 each way and you can get a room at the King Kam for about $125. Don't fly to Kona for shore fishing, IMHO although it s a lot of fun it ain't worth it. You can have plenty of fune shore fishing on Kauai. In two weeks fishing offshore won't be as good as it is in the summer as there won't be any yellowfin or nahi around, but there will still be blue & striped marlin abd possible shortnosed spearfish,

Make sure the tins you bring are SMALL! You should also bring some small bait holder hook to use with forzen peas. You can also pic them up at Mid_Pacific tackle in Honakahu Harbor.

·
Registered
12,273 Posts
Fieldtester wrote:
Mike,

Fishing in Kona has been pretty good lately. Lots of Striped Marlin, loads of Spearfish, a few Ahi taken last week (one went 164#) and a few blue marlin with most being tagged and released. If you are planning to fly inter-island use Go Airlines , they are the cheapest right now. If you need more help, feel free to send me a PM. I know quite a few charter captains and can keep you updated on the fishing reports. Enjoy your stay here in Hawaii. Aloha, Ernie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.