NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this on another board and thought it was a cool idea. Dig up some pictures of summer's weather while sitting inside on a cold winters day.
This is a picture of us leaving Nantucket a few years ago in the old boat.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,042 Posts
Have you been in Fog?

ALL MY LIFE !!!!
;);)

Hey john, Most of the pics. i take look like that !!LOLOL.

Don

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know, I knew you were going to say that when I was posting that picture. You Guys from Maine post pictures of when it is sunny since you don't see it much.

·
Registered
12,042 Posts
oneblitzen wrote:
You know, I knew you were going to say that when I was posting that picture. You Guys from Maine post pictures of when it is sunny since you don't see it much.

SUNNY :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:;);):)

Don

·
Premium Member
74,095 Posts
Pictures in fog always look crappy. The fog diffues the light too much to make for good pictures. Once in a great while you will get foggy condition on the water where the fog layer is only 10 feet or so deep, than you can occasionally get good pictures. Otherwise, fo just plain SUCKS

·
Administrator
112,303 Posts
FOG......

you gotta see moriches inlet early morning in june
that inlets bad enough to get out without the fog

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seal29 wrote:
Chris has been fishing your old boat hard these days John! Lots of tuna blood has hit those decks in the last two seasons!

Is it out of the water yet? I saw him out there this summer loaded to the rails with LF.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Fog

Last year my son and I were chasing bunker and bass east of Gilgo. Fog socked in heavy and had to find our way back to woodcleft with no electronics and a compass that was hand held. Took more than 2 hours. First pix is long creek bridge. Second is the view as we tied up to the dock

Andy
on the Jiggs abd Barbara

Attachments

·
Premium Member
74,095 Posts
andylrd wrote:
Last year my son and I were chasing bunker and bass east of Gilgo. Fog socked in heavy and had to find our way back to woodcleft with no electronics and a compass that was hand held. Took more than 2 hours. First pix is long creek bridge. Second is the view as we tied up to the dock

Andy
on the Jiggs abd Barbara

Andy,
How far away was that bridge? Looks like it was about 300 yards or more. That's not real fog!

·
Registered
12,042 Posts
bhm25 wrote:
I CANT SEE SO GOOD

LOLOL., **** you can still see your Anchor !!;);););););). That ain't fog, This is FOG.

There now what do you see up there ??:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;):)

Don

·
Registered
12,042 Posts
ahiman wrote:

LOLOL. OH, CHIT !!!!!!;)

Don

·
Registered
12,273 Posts
MakoMike wrote:
Earnie,
Living where you do you have no idea of what fog is!
:rolleyes:

As a matter of fact, yes we do. But not on the water. I live at 1600 ft. above sea level and there will be times when the clouds roll in and completely envelop the neighborhood. Then it all clears out and life is good again.

The big problem we have these days is the volcanic haze (vog). Trying to line up shore ranges is near impossible some days. You can be 5 miles out and not able to see the coast. GPS and chart plotters are ok, but usually it's easier to line up on the ranges and take it from there. :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
fog

hi Mike,

That is very real fog. I was about 75 to 100 feet from the bridge and took the pix with my cell phone. That was one of the longest days of my life. Ran about 10 miles through that. Took more than 30 minuted from there to find woodcleft canal

Andy
on the Jiggs and Barbara

·
Registered
568 Posts
woodcleft aint that bad to find. especially if you can see the bridge that easy from 75 feet away. its mostly a straight run until right before the canal.

try running back into reynolds from outside E.Rockaway inlet with a guy who just bought his boat and who wouldent listen to NOT go out. got to the point i honestly couldnt see the pulpit. and ofcoarse he had no compass, and no electronics, and was hiding in the cabin crying like a little b*tch. im still amazed at how i got us back without incident, or motoring us further out to sea, or to visit NJ

try that one in an inlet with alot of large commercial traffic. see how dry your shorts are after you get back home.
;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.