NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,I have a 19 foot center console wellcraft with a 115 johnson. The boat is just great but the steering is hard. Is there anything or anyway that i can have easier steering? I have heard there is a kit avaliable? Thanks,Davey

·
Registered
0 Posts
If it is teleflex steering the cable is pre lubed from the factory and dries up over time. You can tell if this is the problem if it is better in warm weather. I would disconnect the cable from the engine and if it is still stiff it is the cable. Easy to change just make sure you get the correct length. Don't keep using the boat if it's stiff the cable will eventuall break inside and you'll loose the steering. I once had to drive back from Captree to Lindenhurst with a pair of lock pliers clamped to the engine, not much fun on a busy Saturday afternoon.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I have to agree with teleflex problem, I had to replace mine for the same reason. The boat was only two years old when I purchased it with the problem but has been running with the cable I put in it for the last eight years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.