NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is the way it goes.... After volunteering 8 years of my life to the USMC, humping rifles,M-60's, mortars and wounded Marines the USCG is telling me I cant sail out of or into my marina because some @#$#@ decides they are going to kill my people, destroy our sky line and ruin the lives of thousands of loved ones. I served to protect our rights in this country and now I cant even fish. I'm a licensed captain, follow all the stupid rules and leave everyone alone. You mean to tell me they cant find us a way down the west side of the harbor!!! So now I'll probably have to refund all my fares, fight to get a refund on my slip wich the marina has already told me they wouldnt do and be late with my mortage. Well I gota jump into the bread line!!

G

·
mike i hear what you are saying and sympathize.
at least we are alive to complain.
and remember mike for us there is tomorrow, for many their tomorrows are gone.
be grateful for what you still have ,i am.
i wish you well.

capt jack

·
Registered
1 Posts
Capt. Mike - I can understand that you are upset over this issue, but you are getting mad at the wrong people.Try venting your anger at the terrorists, not US service men and women. The USCG is doing the best they can under the circumstances. They are seriously understaffed and underequiped. I believe they are not so worried about you or your people getting hurt/killed, but more concerned that if they start letting people move freely that the "wrong" people would have access to the Harbor. And before you start slinging profanities at the Coasties, you should do a little research and see how many of them died fighting this country's wars.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Mike,

You're right, the whole thing stinks. I respectfully offer this idea (which you might have already tried). Start making phone calls - this late in the season, you have a good shot at getting a slip for two months. Talk to the operator of the marina & explain the situation. If they have spots that guys have taken their boats out of, your $200 is a bonus for them. It's still a loss, but at least you can salvage some of your season. I hope you find something.

Stephen Byrne
NY Bight Editor
Nor'east Saltwater

·
Registered
9 Posts
Capt. Mike:
The reason they had to close the harbor was due to many incidents with boaters who have no idea what they are doing.Another reason for a mandatory boating course for all boat operators!
By the way all vessels must stay away 100 yards of all US
Navy vessels at this time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.