NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I used to have the Garmin 48 and was very happy with the performance. I think the If the Garmin 76 is an upgrade of the 48 in which case I'd say go for it. I would stay away from the E Trex. If my memory is correct they are water resistant and not waterproof. Also, I don't think the E trex is as durable and the 48 and the 76.

·
Registered
206 Posts
wuzup3,
I have a magllan 320 gps. I am very happy with it. i have a few lobster pots and if i mark a spot it is very accurate. Also very good for marking spots on the reef for blacks. I think it was worth it (paid $200). it takes two AA batteries that last about 24 hours.
jat

G

·
For my money the Garmin 48 gets the nod. It is easy to use , accurate and has all of the features
to navigate anywhere(great track back feature) I used it for two years fishing the linda, oregon, and coimbra wrecks untill I could afford a new machine. I still depend on it for a back up. Garmin makes a great small mount and a wiring harness to hard wire it in to your boat.( you can still unclip the unit out of the mount in a second and I believe the wiring harness allows you to interface it with other equipment.) You can also detatch the small antenna and hook up an external if you ever go to a t-top or use it inside. If you can find a deal for 189.00 in some of the catalogues, you wont be dissapointed. I think I paid over 300.00 with tax.

·
Registered
404 Posts
wuzup3,

i have the magellan 330m (map). it is ok, if you get the waas version. it eats batteries, unless you use a 12 volt adapter.

a good friend had the 330m, but returned it and bought the garmin map76. he likes the garmin better.

unless your budget prohibits, i recommend that you spend the extra $130 for the map76 instead of the 76.

set,
opinari

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.