NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
10,661 Posts
seamaster.

Gudebrod makes HT Metallic thread in "A" and "D" sizes. The beauty of this thread besides the great colors is that it is as strong as its nylon thread counterparts. It can be used to wrap guides as well as ornamental/decorative.

They also make HT Braid. This is 1/8" wide and comes in 16 metallic colors.

Recently Gudebrod introduced Electra Metallic Hologram Braid. It is simular to the HT Braid but it also radiates light. You should see it in the sunlight!!!!! It is 1/8" wide and comes in 12 colors.

I use both Braids in my butt wrap design. My customers like it, I can do a wrap faster and I don't charge them extra for it.

I do not have to use color preserver but you can if you desire. It takes epoxy well.

Gudebrod has a hugh winner with these 3 products.

www.gudebrod.com

Capt Neil

Have Fun Fishing. Capt Neil
Custom Fishing Rods by Captain Neil

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info Capt. I'm going to try the braid on my next diamond wrap. My thought is to use two different colors offset by black thread to bring out the diamonds, the same way I would if i were wrapping one thread at a time. Am I on the right track? It seems to me I shoulg get the same result with a lot less work.

· Registered
10,661 Posts
seamaster,

Hi. You are going to be very happy with the results.

Be careful how you stretch the braid while wrapping it. The 1/16" black butt braid really sets off the metallic colors.

My customers like the results and they don't get charged extra for a very nice butt wrap.

Capt Neil

Have Fun Fishing. Capt Neil
Custom Fishing Rods by Captain Neil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.