NorEast Fishing Forum banner
4621 - 4640 of 4651 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Aquarius

Man i would like to talk to Al. My pop had a shop near him and used to talk to him every once in a while.

I would personally thank him for making such a **** nice boat. I worked on the water as a kid, grew up in the water, owned and travelled n boats for over 40 years. Ive never had a better ride in a boat.

She is tender on a drift, but there no such thing as a perfect boat. But when the cards are down, and your out in bad weather, a grover with a lehman is tough to beat.

Thanks

As far as communication, just a VHF. (No sat or short wave. I worked in emergency services and never had good experiences with sat phones and bad weather)

Averaged about 8.5 knots. And burned about 250 gallons

·
Registered
10 Posts
1976 Groverbuilt

26’ Groverbuilt. The upper deck was all redone with coosa board and glassed over. Will never rot. The deck was done 2 Seasons ago by previous owner. The boat has a Lehman 4cylinder. Boat runs great. Cruises at 13mph and takes about 1.5 gallons an hour. Has brand new canvas

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Installed Exhaust High Temperature Alarm.
Helps with audible detection of high engine temperature @ 200 degrees.
Ie. failed raw water pump / impeller.
Tested twice with heat gun.
Alarm turns off after cooling period of 30 second or so.

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Fishing has been good here but the wind has been more than normal. We’ve had some good Blackfin And Mahi fishing days. Also some good bottom fishing on the reef. Here for another sis weeks or so then back home to New Jersey.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sounds good Bob,
Hopefully the wind will lay out for you this spring.
Are you in the Keys?
Used to fish out of Marathon with a friend who lives down there, the reef was 3 miles off the beach.
Yellow tail
We would run off looking for a weed line or floatam and troll for wahoo and mahi.
First place I saw where restaurants would cook up your catch for dinner!
Have a good spring

·
Registered
101 Posts
Good morning Grover Owners,
Been a very slow start to the season.
Plenty of Black Sea bass,
Fluke are few and far between.
Hopefully the water surface temperature will continue to rise.
Tuna reports are that they are 90 miles to the SE of OCM.
Hope everyone is up & running.
Tight Lines

Attachments

4621 - 4640 of 4651 Posts