i like the way your thinkin'.

-ken

ditto

·
Registered
18,000 Posts
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Al will be happy and Toggy too,

PUNXSUTAWNEY, Pennsylvania (AP) -- Brace yourself for more wintry weather.
art.groundhog.gi.jpg

Punxsutawney Phil is the focus of attention at the annual event in a town northeast of Pittsburgh.

Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow Saturday, leading the groundhog to forecast six more weeks of winter.

The rodent was pulled from his stump by members of the Punxsutawney Groundhog Club Inner Circle, top-hat- and tuxedo-wearing businessmen who carry out the tradition.

Each February 2, thousands of people descend on Punxsutawney, a town of about 6,100 people some 65 miles northeast of Pittsburgh, to celebrate what had essentially been a German superstition.
Don't Miss

* Storms slam East, Midwest, West

The tradition is that if a hibernating animal sees a shadow on February 2 -- the Christian holiday of Candlemas -- winter will last another six weeks. If no shadow is seen, legend says spring will come early. Video Watch Phil emerge to cheering crowd »
advertisement

That was the forecast from Gen. Beauregard Lee, Punxsutawney Phil's counterpart in Lilburn, Georgia. Beau did not see his shadow Saturday morning at the Yellow River Game Ranch.

It was the third year in a row the two groundhogs' predictions differed.

·
Premium Member
74,095 Posts
H'mm Dueling predictions. The ground hogs in Staten Island and Westchester didn't see their shadow this morning, thus predicting an early spring. Which is the right rodent? :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
112,310 Posts
likeitreallyis wrote:
Mike I think Phil is the original unfortunately.. so I stick with him. Don't like it but what can you do. Al will be very happy that snow freak

Ditto Phil is the real deal the rest are imposters especially the staten island rodent

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.