NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We will be staying in Greenport this weekend and would like to get some info on fishing spots in the area. We have a 4X4 with a Suff. Co. permit.
Any help/directions would be much appreciated, in that we've never stayed out that way.

Thanks in advance!

"A bad day of fishing beats......."

·
Registered
22 Posts
Found this on a long island fishing site.. thought it might be helpful...Enjoy...Tight lines!

Greenport Fishing Dock:
Located at the foot of third street behind the old railroad station in the village of Greenport, NY. It was originally used to store railroad cars quite a few years, ago but now it is a public dock for a few commercial fishing boats and a charter boat the Peconic Star II. My family has lived in greenport for a few generations and this dock has been a favorite place to drop a line to catch just about any fish that comes into the waters between Greenport and Shelter Island. I have seen people catch blackfish, bluefish, ****tail blue's, snapper's are a favorite we also have a snapper fishing contest each year. On occasion people have caught weakfish, flounder and porgy's. On a rarer occasion my son caught a Spanish mackerel and I am sure I did not name all the possibilities but you get the idea. Oh yes I did forget that at a certain time of year alot of squid can be had.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.