NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Smear some fresh bunker and clam juice on your legs... and hang out around 200 feet from my boat... won't help you much, but it'll get them off my ankles ;o)

Seriously, Deep woods Off seems to help, but they keep at it until the find a spot you missed... also I am very careful not to get the Off on my bait (try not to get it on your hands...

NUKE the FLIES ;o)

· Registered
49 Posts
Skin so Soft does not even come close to working as good as anything with DEET.

I use Deep Woods Off(with deet)and think it works great.

Awhile back I saw a news report that said the Deet doesn't repel bugs but rather makes you "invisible" to all bugs.

· Registered
41 Posts
**** Flies

a Avon product called "skin-so-soft" is the best all a round, for knats flies and all bugs, and you don't have a med. smell on you, Deets has warnings, Off smells, and who would want to not cover there face, and I wouldn't put that stuff near my eyes, but skin-so-soft is safe, and has been the best keeped secret for years, iv'e used it camping and fishing on the whole family, and we are bug free.

· Registered
148 Posts
When skin so soft was for just for soft skin it worked great,now they messed with it and it barely works,in fact I think it attracts em.DW Off is the best store bought and if you dont mind the extra DEET Military works better,can be bought online .I try to use the netting hoods but in this heat I spray.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.