NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This body of water is foreign to me and my brother recently moved there and who is a novice to fishing is trying to find productive spots anywhere from Sayville to Democrat area. I know democrat can be very productive but he's got a small boat and doesn't want to risk fishing that current. So, if any one has any good fluke, weakfish, bass or blues spots I'd appreciate hearing about them!

Tight Lines and a little drag!

NORTHFORK WILLY

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
GSB

Hey Willy,
GSB can have some productive spots. Firts there is Browns river, out in front of the river for weakfish. The you can go to Heckster flats for weaks also. On your way across to Oak Beach that is called range channel which also produces some weaks. Ocean Beach which you can see the reports on this site. If you keep going west around thaat big sandbar by West Island there you can start fluking, weaks, occasional bass, blues. Keep going west to the light house, fluke, bass, blues and then the bridge. Depending on the size of the boat you can go all the way down to Demo. Point on the inside.
Bring ass. baits for all fish listed. How big is your boat?
I am out of Patchouge and the nice thing about there is you can go either way depending on conditions. If you go east there is Smith Point Bridge also.

Bill

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Are you familair with the Bargin Bilge in Patchouge. What kind of electronics do you have? Ask for Ronnie at the BB and he will help you out with charts and electronics if needed. I live in Centereach and could probably help you out with different spots.
My e-mail is [email protected].

Is that a new SS or used? I used to do there boat show for Great Oak and Dave(one of the owners at PS) is the brother in law of the family who owns GOM

bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.