NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with all of the great fishermen that visit this site daily the ideas and tips are endless and since the best way to learn is from anothers experience i figure we can fill in the blanks with our own ideas for the first timers or the old dogs that want to lear new tricks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If your like me i keep a spare pole in the trunk for the just in case so i read this trick in saltwater sportsman magazine. if your on the go and lost a lure that can't be repleace an the moment cut off some line attach a hook to it, get any type of pen and remove the center so your left with the tube, slide your line through the tube and attach the leader to your line.. this will act as a popper with pens that taper if you put the tapered end facing your hook or as a makeshift surgical eel with an old bic!
happy fishing

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i read this one too. take a rubber squid (4" or larger) cut off the winds so it sinks faster and tie 1 yard of 50 pound mono to a 5/0 hook and slide the line through a 1 ounce barrel weight. using a bait needle slide the line through the head of the squid starting at the point on the tip of the head (not from under the mouth) tie end opposite hook to a swivel the finally using soap or a little oil lub the weight and incert it into the mouth section of the squidso its hidden. your read to fish good for casting and trolling. good luck!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
an old timer told me this one! for blues when using steal wire get the nylon coated steal. if using 5/0 or bigger take the wire and mole a loop holding the end of the wire with pliers and the loop with your hands. twist looped end 5 times and run twisted part (by the pliers) over a flame like a candle briefly. the nylon will melt and fuse the wire. once cooled 5 seconds use pliers to pince the looped end into a V shape to fit into eye of hook. no crimps needed. i have used this one on mopnster blues and it never fails. but be sure not to over head the nylon under the fire if it turns black its too well done. i use a moderate paced left right motion. when you can see the nylon melt then your done but don't let go for the 5 second cool down youi can blow on it to speed up the cooling.

·
Registered
178 Posts
There are 3 things that I bring with me and the only tips I can suggest.

1)Always have a spare spool. I have one with mono, one with fireline.

2)Spare pole, have two out there when I'm surf fishing, but I just recently snapped the tip of one falling on rocks at shinne****, and having that spare rod helped a lot.

3)Have many lures..... I have 7 different diamond jibs, Kastmasters from 1/2oz to 2oz, 4 different poppers, the whole Yozuri line of lures, and tons of hooks so I can set myself up some Hi-Lo Rigs when I want to use one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.