NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what you rod builders out there think of the Graphite USA Blanks I wanted to
build a blank to accomadate a Calcutta 200 reel
I was leaning towards a B60M blank fishing the Jones Inlet to Back Bay Bridge Area's

·
Registered
10,967 Posts
Hi.

There are many companies that make fine blanks, Graphite USA being one of them. I have not built on them but others rate them well.

It is impossible to build on every companies blanks. To make it worse they come out with newer and finer blanks every year.

Capt Neil

Have Fun Fishing. Capt Neil
Custom Fishing Rods by Captain Neil

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone know who has sells Graphite USA blanks in Long Island, Queens or Brooklyn area
I tried Donart and Sea Isle already they don't carry them just looking for a supplier in this
area I live in Greenpoint Williamsburg Brooklyn
and I would like to find a supplier who is close by if possible or can anyone give me suppliers
who carry other brands such as Shikari,Rainshadow
etc.

·
Registered
10,967 Posts
dwk2252,

I do not know where you can go to see Graphite USA blanks on Long Island. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Go to www.rodbuilding.org . On the left margin are listed many catalog companies. Click on them and you will find the companies that sell what you are interested in.

Most blank manufacturing companies are located on the west coast. Their blanks are best known out there. These companies are very busy with west coast business and don't try too hard to reach us on the east coast. Much of the data I receive is due to reading west coast web sites and talking to fellow RodCrafters who have prior knowledge of these products.

When is the last time you met any of these factory reps at any of the shows on the east coast. You would have to go to specific custom rod building seminars.

Capt Neil

Have Fun Fishing. Capt Neil
Custom Fishing Rods by Captain Neil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.