NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that do not plan on upgrading there TV by 2/17/2009 midnight you will need to purchase a Analog to Digital converter box to continue watching TV. The GOV right now is giving 22 million coupons at 2per house hold for $40 off the converter that runs between $50-100 bucks.
Don't wait till the last minute.

Here is the link: DTV 2009 Gov Coupon

·
Registered
12,363 Posts
Please Remember One Thing...

You only need these converter boxes IF you're using an ANTENNA for your TV reception. Cable, sateliite and fiber optic customers DO NOT need anything.

I'm getting really mad about the scare tactic ad campaigns out there.

But Gaucho, the quintessential scholar and gentleman that he is, has provided those of you with antennae a wonderful public service announcement.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Roccus,

I believe you will no longer be able to connect your cable directly to your TV afer this date. You will need a set top box, that you will have to obtain from your service provider. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Joe

·
Registered
12,363 Posts
Maybe, maybe not...

Depends on how the different companies want to handle the analog signal. Worse case is that you'll need the individual cable/satellite/fiberoptic company's set top box. Some may continue send signal over the analog frequencies so you won't need the box. I can't seem to get an answer out of COMCA$T as to their intentions, but you can be sure it will be to the detriment of my wallet...

·
Premium Member
23,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Correct.
If you have the Rabbit ears to pick up TV channels then you need this box.
The GOV is looking to clear up the airwaves to use for emergency times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.