NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few people have asked me questions concerning some of my posted fishing reports and I can't seem to respond to them so here's my replies.

jrgesq - Yeah we were out by 17. The only other boat that was "close" to us was The Pilot. Not sure exactly were those guys fish in South Jersey. All my buddy said was that its not too far from the dock and he believed it was the local reef for them.

SEAWOLF - yep that's me :)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi Gottog,
The Pilot is a bottom fishing boat out of Sheepshead Bay. While most boats have turned over to the red-hot Mackeral fishing, being a true bottom boat, they were probably scrounging around for what few Blackfish + Ling are still hanging around. I personally love fishing for Ling, but will wait til April when they're in good, and Capt. Ed has the Seawolf running again. He's got some dynamite spots for em, and I love the constant action. Hope your upcoming season is happy and healthy !!!!

SEAWOLF

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SEAWOLF,

Yeah I know where the Pilot sails out of. Heard it was and still is a really good boat. The comment to jrgesq about south jersey was something unrelated to the Pilot.
Same wishes to you for the upcoming season!!!

mike
got tog?

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Sea Pigeon and the Pilot both fish the southeast corner of 17.
I'll probably be there tomorrow.
Thanks for the guestimate on the South Jersey reef, but without a general area for the reef, it could be a long ride to nowhere.

i appreciate the reply.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just a follow up to yesterday's post:the fishing was what you would expect in February. I had 8keepers, 8 ling (some big ones) and 6 mackeral. It was not flat, with a little hint of whitewater that kept me from trying an offshore wreck further south.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.