NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

I agree with you, jonss, speed or appearance is not as important stowing gear and finding fish, however, a good sized dent on the outside means lost inches on the inside.( right where it counts, between my legs ) I shall try your remedy and thanks again....zak

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pungo Repair

Sorry to hear about your damaged skiff Zwaterman,I will not ask how the Dent was caused as they happen to novice and rookies alike,Once during a 1998 trip along the russian chukchi pennisula fishing with Oleg a young russian soldier and scurvy dog,it happened to myself(Kayaker since 65).While Trying to go with the fast moving floes and small bergs I tried to maneuver a powerface reverse sweep and clipped the ice causing a Dent in the same spot of my pungo.Luckily oleg had a rubber mallet in his first aid kit given to him by his granpappy,We set up camp for the night and let the vessel freeze up overnight on a small berg and then hammered it out with the rubbermallet ever so gently.I hope this helps your troubles.signed HH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.