NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard it was SOLD and they are going condo, I knew it was for sale just thought they would change ownership not rezone and privatize to that extreme.. money talks and if money makes enough money the whole downward spiral starts...

·
Registered
689 Posts
For what it is worth I heard from someone that use to work there that the deal fell thru. I am not sure but I beleive the deal fell thru so it is for sale again. So if you think you missed out the fat lady may not be singing soon.

·
Registered
47,014 Posts
I go to "The Dock" for a traditional fishwitch and a bloody mary before I fish from Montauk. If they close my good luck charm is gone. I may never catch anything again

·
Registered
18,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MistyTom wrote:
For what it is worth I heard from someone that use to work there that the deal fell thru. I am not sure but I beleive the deal fell thru so it is for sale again. So if you think you missed out the fat lady may not be singing soon.

Love the place wish I could afford it

Can't wait for summer

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
likeitreallyis wrote:
MistyTom wrote:

Love the place wish I could afford it

Can't wait for summer

Crabby, what is the owners name? He is a helluva nie guy. I forgot I havent been there in a few years. The Dock is my favorite, the mussels in white wine broth is tops

·
Registered
47,014 Posts
I'm not sure. I forget names too easily.
I had the mussles a few times
The food there is great. If that place does close I hope he finds another one to open.

If he don't I want the "No Spitting" sign form the subway.

This post edited by crabman1130 09:27 AM 01/17/2008

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Im surprised the board would ever allow condos to be built in that spot.

Montauk is so rich with history, starting with the Shinne**** indians all the way through to today. I would love to see them build a museum to commemorate all the great fishermen that have passed through that inlet!

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
I like the policy of ?No Cell Phones? while inside The Dock.

I was in there late in October on a quiet weekday (late afternoon) and the barmaid made an obvious regular take his call outside.

I also like the policy of having to control your rugrats if you bring them in there.

:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.