NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I am heading down to Hawks Cay in the Middle Keys in Late April. I would like to find a good flatts captain. Anyone have any suggestions. I am also considering a trip for Blackfin and/or mahi. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Banned
1,728 Posts
Bassman; call my friend Jeff from Catch em all 1-888-8tarpon.. We did a bay gulf trip when I was there over the holidays..Cobia redfish ,kings & grouper from 35lbs to 90lbs great time & tons of fish..His boat is about a 15min ride from duck key..

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Bassman909,

You could try to locate a guide a use when I stay at Hawks Kay resort Karen Vankirk she was out of Gulfstream marina. Last time I was there they were fighting a developer for the land if you can't find her check in the fly shop in Islemaroda on the right side just before the 7 mile bridge, great Tarpon fishing and Snook/Bones on the fly depending when you go. She will also do spinning gear with no problem she had my wife into at least 8 tarpon before the bull sharks moved in and then we just dropped back into one of the Gulf side cuts and kept fishing.

Dave Sr.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Call Captain Billy Turnbull. He is the Captain catching the swords during the day with tremendous success. He also runs a tremendous flats trip from his Duck Key Marina.

Billy's Number is 631-220-0211 or you can call me at the store 631-274-7042.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
615 Posts
Capt. Ken Cohan of "Smooth Daze Charters"

I've used Capt. Ken Cohan of Smooth Daze Charters for several years now. Always had a great back country trip. Caught tons of fish on the fly. He's based out of Bud & Mary's Marina in Islamorada. His tel # is 305-664-8747. He'll work is ass off to get you into fish. God luck on your trip............GHOSTRIDER

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.