NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a boat. I got what I thought was the best deal I could. But a friend told me i was ripped off. But I really dont think he knows what he's talking about.

2002 Seaswirl 2601 W/A
Volvo Penta Duoprop engine I/O
Hard Top
Raytheon Fish Finder
VHF Radio

everything for 36K

what do you think?

·
Registered
6 Posts
LOL- I think your friend just lost his chance of ever going fishing with you on your "rip-off" of a boat! I think you got a great deal! Congrats and good luck. I wish you many beautiful, fish filled , tranquil days on your new investment!

-Lori Ann Vitti

·
Registered
76 Posts
Good Deal

Weaser,

You got yourself a nice fishing vessel regardless of what your friend might say. As a proud owner of one of these boats I will tell you that you will enjoy the ride and realize that the seller was asleep when he gave you that price. You did well. Good Luck to you and enjoy the summer on your new machine. Safe Boating.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys thanks for the replies. I really appreciate the feedback, and feel a lot better about my purchase now. Yeah I dont know what his deal was when I compared it around it seemed nice. I got it through Great Oaks Marina in St. James. It has a 10 year warranty on the hull and 2 years on the engine. Took a lot of haggling but I got it.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
GOOD DEAL

Weaser 1,
I can't comment on the boat, but I have a 350 Volvo Duoprop 225H.P. on my 23 Steiger, and I love it! Always starts, plenty of power, good acceleration, and really hums. Change the oil every 50hrs.
Nice boat/GOOD LUCK!
P.S. Good deal!

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Seaswirll

I used to do the boat shows for Great oak, nice people but I don't like what they did to there boats. If you look at there older 26 it did not have a intergrated transom and molded pulpit. Think about it, 2ft or so for the transom and about 12-18 inches for the pulpit. Take those measurments off the LOA and you have the real demensions of the boat. I voiced my opinion at the last Tobay show and was not asked back. May sound like sour grapes but the whole industry is doing this with there boats. It is a marketing statergy that makes you go up in size and price. Look around at some of there older boats and compare the ****pit size. If you fish that is what you want to have more people on board.
I know some of the people there at Great Oak and they tried to convince me at the nassau show that the 26 had the same ****pit room. I told them straight out they were full of s...., they didn't like it to much. Guess thats why I own a 23 Parker sports cabin that has 86 sq ft of ****pit room, plus a closed cabin with no canvas to worry about. Yes it was more but I got a true 23 ft boat. The pulpit is bolted on so it does not count towards your LOA. Anything that it moulded into the boat counts.
Seaswirll had a good product until they changed there design in the transom. Take a look at Striper21 boat and compare ****pit size. He has a true transom boat.
Jusy my 2 cents.

Bill M

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Hey Weaser.....tell your "freind" that you figured he was right and therefore will be trying to cut corners to make up for the loss.
from now on he will kick in every time you fill the tank.
Oh.....and your selling the windlass as your sure he will be willing to pull the anchor from now on.
thank God your good "freind" realized your misfortune and is now willing of course to help you make it up.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.