NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Yes i fish with the same guy at least 4 times a year just for swords. He is know as one of the best if not the best down there. His name is Dean Panos of Double D Charters. Last trip I nailed a 68" (lower jaw )fatty. He is amazing, cant speak any higher of the guy he runs a 1 year old 36 Sea Vee CC with all top notch Alutecnos 80w's reels and custom Biscayne bent butt rods. Other than Dom from Coastal Charters off RI he is my favorite captain to fish with and I charter alot.

Tell him Glenn said Hi if you speak to him

Check out some of the beasts he has landed lately
http://www.doubledcharters.com/swordfish/

Attachments

·
Registered
832 Posts
if you want daytime which is alittle more, he has more than 2 over 600 lbs, and countless in between the 400-500 range. Make sure to specify whether you want to do daytime by manual dropping or electric as most offer it both ways. they are dropping 2,000 ft to the bottom to catch the beasts using 10-15lbs of lead so be prepared to crank your ass off

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info,it looks like a swordfish trip is not going to happen so i booked a 3/4 day 12-6 on the seacross.
We will be trolling & live bait fishing for sails, mahi, wahoo ect.
its not sword fishing but **** ill be fishing in shorts in the middle of winter!!
Also does any body have any info on the seacross? it seems to have a good rep.in miami.

·
Registered
826 Posts
ALL I CAN SAY......

Is you will get a work out.. it is january and the sails are going off down there.. heard many reports from friends on private boats and they have been in the double digits on most days! looks like it is really red hot right now! get em!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.