NorEast Fishing Forum banner

Go to Fishing Vacation Spot

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  ghostrider 
#1 ·
I would like to start a thread of the go to fishing vacation spots. I'am sure a lot of readers out their have traveled many more places then me and i would like to pocket some ideas for future vacations.
If you can please name the hotel, time of year, and what made the spot special. (type fish / all inclusive / service / friendly people )

#2 ·
Hands down - Islamorada

As far as saltwater fishing goes, for me, it's Islamorada. There you have the option of just about any type of fishing you want. It runs from deep sea on the ocean side to flats fishing on the bay side. You also have your pick of guides and/or charters and there are tons of motels to fit anyone's budget. Also, the fishing is good just about anytime during the year. As for me, it's the numero uno winter destination. Tight lines.............GHOSTRIDER

#3 ·
For me its Kailua-kona hawaii. I've stayed at lots of different hotels but the place is great. Offshore fishing for a couple of hundred bucks a day and great reef fishing for zero bucks a day. Lots of good returants, great beaches for the rest of the family. All around a great place to vacation. Only drawback is the time it takes to get there.

#6 ·
Just got back from Costa Rica for 3 days of fishing with some buddies and it was incredible. Sailfish, Wahoo, Dorado, Tuna and Rooster fish were in full swing and I just loved it. Also a great spot to surf cast for Rooster fish around montauk type rock structure. I just put a post on the treveling angler fishing reports section and will be writing a Noreast feature article with all the details that should be on the site in March. Roundtrip airfar from NY was only about $280 bucks.

Attachments

#8 ·
Follow up report

As a follow up to my original post. I have stayed at a motel called "Lime Tree Bay". It's located a few miles south of Islamorada on Long Key. The motel has a fishing dock right on its property. You can grab a chair and sit at the end of the dock and throw live shrimp and catch lots of different types of fish. I even managed to catch a bonefish with my flyrod from the dock. It's about a 15 minute drive up to Bud & Mary's Marina. I also fish out of Bud & Mary's . It's a great place for all types of fishing, from deep sea to flats fishing. Lots and lots of places to eat. Just a few; The Lorali, Mile marker88, Lazy Days. There are many, many more that I just don't remember. HAVE A GREAT TRIP......GHOSTRIDER

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.