NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Hands down - Islamorada

As far as saltwater fishing goes, for me, it's Islamorada. There you have the option of just about any type of fishing you want. It runs from deep sea on the ocean side to flats fishing on the bay side. You also have your pick of guides and/or charters and there are tons of motels to fit anyone's budget. Also, the fishing is good just about anytime during the year. As for me, it's the numero uno winter destination. Tight lines.............GHOSTRIDER

·
Registered
615 Posts
Follow up report

As a follow up to my original post. I have stayed at a motel called "Lime Tree Bay". It's located a few miles south of Islamorada on Long Key. The motel has a fishing dock right on its property. You can grab a chair and sit at the end of the dock and throw live shrimp and catch lots of different types of fish. I even managed to catch a bonefish with my flyrod from the dock. It's about a 15 minute drive up to Bud & Mary's Marina. I also fish out of Bud & Mary's . It's a great place for all types of fishing, from deep sea to flats fishing. Lots and lots of places to eat. Just a few; The Lorali, Mile marker88, Lazy Days. There are many, many more that I just don't remember. HAVE A GREAT TRIP......GHOSTRIDER

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.