NorEast Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,I started a thread for the last three games and it was like a lucky charm thread,so I'll start this one too.
One last game,the big one,the big show,The Final Dance!!!

Their last meeting might of been the game that brought them here.They just about broke Mr. Perfect!
Do you think BIG BLUE will bring the heat to Brady?
Eli has looked so confident and relaxed since the Buffulo game he looks like a different person.
Who will get the ring?

·
Premium Member
74,095 Posts
Who will get the ring? You're kidding right? No one outside of NY expects the Giants to win, and they're right! Pats win and Brady gets MVP for throwing five TD passes. 2 to Moss, and 1 each to Welker and Gaffney.

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike,you forgot to mention picks.
Brady threw 3 of them last week and the Giants pressure will make last week look like a picnic.LOL
They are saying all the money is being laid on the Giants,wonder why?

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
The Giants will prevail and upend New England?s shot at perfection.

Brady will be pressured early and often and toss a couple of key interceptions.:)

I agree that Eli has matured into a complete quarterback and leader this year. He will never have the arm of his brother, or the overall talent of Brady but his team won a few games in spite of him early this year and he learned from that and became a decent quarterback that led his team to the Super Bowl.

I think that the New England Patriots are a great football team, but it aint? gonna happen this year.

My prediction:

Giants 28 ? Patriots 24

The Vince Lombardi Trophy will go to the Giants

Attachments

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Koz54 wrote:

I agree that Eli has matured into a complete quarterback and leader this year.

COME ON!!!! Prior the the last New England game the Giants fans were ready to have this guy boiled in oil!!!!! Are ya kiddin' me!!!!

All it will take is for Eli to toss a pick early that leads to an early New England lead and the Eli ""faithful"" will begin looking to arm themselves again!!

If I were a Giants supporter I would be very concerned over which QB is coming out that tunnel?? Are you going to get the magician of the past 3 games OR the Eli that has been baked blasted and beatup by NY fans for most of the past 2 full seasons???

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
surfstix wrote:

COME ON!!!! Prior the the last New England game the Giants fans were ready to have this guy boiled in oil!!!!! Are ya kiddin' me!!!!

If I were a Giants supporter I would be very concerned over which QB is coming out that tunnel?? Are you going to get the magician of the past 3 games OR the Eli that has been baked blasted and beatup by NY fans for most of the past 2 full seasons???

I am a die hard Giants fan, but have never been a big Eli fan, although I never wanted to boil him
. (I have mentioned that here earlier this season;))

I am just trying to pump myself up into believing Eli can do it
. I wouldn?t call Eli a magician the past three games, just **** good is all.

And I hope that is the one that comes out of the tunnel, not the ?other? Eli

This post edited by Koz54 10:27 AM 02/01/2008

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
surfstix wrote:
Koz54 wrote:

I agree that Eli has matured into a complete quarterback and leader this year.

All it will take is for Eli to toss a pick early that leads to an early New England lead and the Eli ""faithful"" will begin looking to arm themselves again!!

I would of agreed two games ago,I too was wondering which Eli was coming out after they beat the #1 defense in the league.I was nervous going into Dallas (the so-called #1 seed)But,I was confident going into Greenbay.I felt Eli made it over the hump and he proved he did.He is playing smart.Brady on the other hand looks a little desperate,even with his 18-0 record.He knows it has to fall one day and Sunday WILL be the day.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
B.Attitude wrote:
Brady threw 3 of them last week and the Giants pressure will make last week look like a picnic.LOL
That was one of Brady's worste games of the season, for sure. But they still won.

·
Registered
18,000 Posts
MakoMike wrote:
Who will get the ring? You're kidding right? No one outside of NY expects the Giants to win, and they're right! Pats win and Brady gets MVP for throwing five TD passes. 2 to Moss, and 1 each to Welker and Gaffney.

Ask Las Vegas who the betting public thinks will win

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Lattitudechange wrote:
B.Attitude wrote:
That was one of Brady's worste games of the season, for sure. But they still won.

They won cuz of their D giving uo only 12 pts to a terrible SD offense without LT. Giants O is much better. If they can hold em to 20 pts they win, 30 they lose.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Makoman16 wrote:
MakoMike wrote:
Pats win and Brady gets MVP for throwing five TD passes. 2 to Moss, and 1 each to Welker and Gaffney.
Lawyer mathematics at its finest!

LOL.Maybe the fifth one is to Corey Webster.

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Makoman16 wrote:
MakoMike wrote:
Pats win and Brady gets MVP for throwing five TD passes. 2 to Moss, and 1 each to Welker and Gaffney.
Lawyer mathematics at its finest!

LOL,I didn't notice that when I first read it.
Lets see: Moss 2
Welker 1
Gaffeny 1

Yup, only 4, GIANTS WIN!!!;)

·
Registered
18,000 Posts
MakoMike wrote:
Well, One thing is for certain, some of us will have to eat their words come Monday!

Don't matter I'm a Jets fan..(eat words every season).. New England cheated, they'll have that Barry Bonds (*) next to them for all eternity in every discussion, and if the Giants win that would be kharma coming full circle...

Mike, on sunny days the sky is blue.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
MM, we shall see. Big blue is not going down without a fight.
But I will be honest with all of the NE fans here. In the back of my mind and the mind of most Jints fans this can get ugly, its possible. I am very worried but I have to show confidence and support and put it out there and say big blue will kick A. What else am I goin to say :confused::rolleyes: We all the know the Giants have to play a perfect game to win. Not one team played that perfect game yet vs NE. It can happen and I hope it does. I had the same attitude in 90 vs the Bills and look what happened there

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
I'm really looking forward to this game! As a die hard Giants fan I love the situation we find ourselves in. Not many of us believed we would be in the Super Bowl at the start of the season - especially after the first two games. But then we went on a nice run and began to get people's attention. Yes, there were many moments that the team and Eli had me pulling my hair out of my head. But here we are big underdogs with a chance to put an end to the Patriot's perfect season. Obviously, the Patriots have one of the greatest streaks going - something I believe is even more impressive in this day and age of sports. However, the Giants have put together a solid stretch of wins and definitely have the big Mo going for them as well. All the pressure is on the Patriots - not only because they are big favorites to win, but they also are on the brink of putting together one of the greatest seasons of all time. The last game against San Diego and the last Giants v. Pats game showed definite kinks in New England's armor. During he first quarter of Sunday's game both the Patriots and Giants will see all new looks both on offense and defense. Knowing Belichick, he will do everything possible to shut down Burress and not allow Manning to have the game he did in week 17. While trying to shut down Burress and with Shockey's absence I'm expecting big things from Toomer, Smith and Boss. Eventhough Brady has had a great season and put up incredible numbers as opposed to Eli - the game isn't played on paper. I believe Coughlin and brother Peyton will have Eli ready to play big. Eli's laid back personality which can drive me nuts at times will pay off for him as he is surrounded with all the Super Bowl hoopla that leads up to the game. One of my big concerns is that the Giants will need to stop New England's running game (Maroney) and dink and dump passing game to Kevin Faulk. Maroney has been getting a lot of carries of late and he has been putting up some nice numbers. I am excited to see what Jacobs and Bradshaw will do for the Giants rushing game. I'm hoping to to see Jacobs put Rodney Harrison on his back right off the back sending a big message like he did to Green Bay in their last game when he rocked Woodson's world!

The Perfect Storm is brewing for Sunday and the Giants will be celebrating a 28-24 victory!!!!

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
B.Attitude wrote:
One last game,the big one,the big show,The Final Dance!!!

The Giants may be on the Dance floor...but they'll never 'lead'........get it? nyuck, nyuck.

All is not lost for them however.
There ARE consolation prizes!!!!!

As the Pats take home the Vince Lombardi Trophy.....Giants pocket the Guy Lombardo Trophy.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.