NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are my suggestions for a place that offers us A)good fishing, B)easy access, C)accomidations for everyone, kids, families, everyone.

1) Bear Mountain / Hessian Lake

This offers us a mixed bag of Brown Trout and Bass fishing. It has excellent accomidations, restrooms, handicap access, picnic areas and plenty of parking. Starting Memorial Day, there are boat rentals available, but they are pricey. No trolling motors allowed. They charge per man, by the hour.

It can get crowded in the park, but not by fishermen.

2) Rockland Lake State Park

Plenty of parking and picnic spots, restrooms, a swimming pool, tons of stuff to do like Bear Mt. Shore access here is spotty, the best shore spots are a long walk from parking. This is the best spot for boat rentals though. Rentals are pretty cheap too, I think I was paying $35 for a full day (7am - 5pm). You can use a trolling motor here too. Bass and panfish fishing is top notch, and theres always a shot at an elusive Tiger Muskie.

3) Franklin D. Roosivelt State Park / Mahansic Lake

This park offers everything the other two do, with the addition of being able to launch your own boat. Motor restriction are in place, but you can do with just an electric.

Any others??

I suggest Rockland Lake. Its easy to get too, offers top notch fishing, and has everything we need. BUT ITS UP TO YOU GUYS AND GALS!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
get together date

I might have a suggestion. Since we all live in different states, how about when we dicide on a location for the get together, we plan the date to fall on the "free fishing" day that the state offers. That way, we could all get together, and not have to buy a fishing license just for one day of fishing. I live in Jersey, and I don't fish in NY (except for an occasional saltwater trip), and I wouldn't want to buy a NY license just for this one trip.
I'm almost positive that NY's free fishing day is the weekend just before father's day in June. I'm not sure about Jersey's free day, but I'm almost positive it's around the same time. Conneticut probably has one too.
I think a NY location would probably be the best, since it's the central location for NY, NJ, and CT. But if people wanted to trek to NJ, we have a TON of places over here that would definately produce for us.
Just a suggestion ;)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey Johhny!!

hehehehe crash bombers....

Ask Johhny, he can tell ya these are a real good time (just dont let em know where your spots are at ;) )

Its what your beloved Stripers spawn in..

If we do goto Rockland, bring those bombers...big toothy SOBs in there.

·
Registered
191 Posts
This gonna be good...

Spinfreak,

No problem man, you havn't met some of us yet have you??

Lets just say I enjoy food.

If ya wanna help out, We'll get Noreast to spot us the basic stuff, hot dogs, burgers, buns...and guys like you and me will supply the "specilty" items. Whats your favorite grilln food? I've got dibs on the chops..but if ya want ribs, brats (big hit), beans, or even cold dishes, bring em!! I'll gladly cook em up or serve it out.

We will need things like trash bags, utinsils, foil, plates, tables.....

I really like the idea for the free fishing weekend too...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Well, we still have alot of time to plan, but I'll bring some Brats. I'll even bring along homemade potato and macaroni salad (my mother's recipe...delicious). I've got a table or two I could bring along for the ride.
I remeber soemt6hing about noreast providing t-shirts and hats or soething like that. What about me? Can we sew two shirts together so it'll fit me...lol.
I have a 15 passenger van, so if there's anybody else from Jersey that wants to carpool and split the gas/tolls/etc, let me know in advance, so I can know in advance if I need to dig the seats out of the garage before we go.
Can't wait to finally be able to meet some of you liars ;). We'll get to really see who could fish, and who tells fishtales. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.