NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a long time waiting and I've sprung a few grays due to stress but the time has FINALLY come. Jan 28th! In these lean times we're in I cant help but feel like the luckiest guy alive right now! Thanks for the support!

·
Premium Member
23,846 Posts
Good For you Mike!!!!!!!!!

Let me know if you have any questions.
And when you get on the Rock watch your back...my best friend is an investigator there so if you step out of line he'll make sure you get back inline...

Welcome!!!!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LMAO!!!
No, no, no...I got a job as a mechanic w/ NYC Dept. of Correction. The starting pay is GREAT and so are the hours Mon-Fri 7-3.
My wife and I were in real estate and have both been laid off due to the market. Its tough out there right now. We have a 3yr old and a new addition on the way so as you all could imagine I've been a nervous wreck for a while. I've been waiting for this call forever. There were so many administative problems with the hiring process @ Dept. of Correction and it held me up so long I was about to give up hope.

Man!!!! I found out that im having a son, I FINALLY got the job I wanted, Algreek is having a horrible winter;)...2008 is off to a great start.

Gaucho had been enlightening me as to the Cities hiring process this whole time and it really helped. For that im greatfull. Thank you. And thanks to you to Mike...I'll try and write post that require less deleting from now on lol;) God its good to be alive right now!

·
Registered
41,913 Posts
BLUEFISH9 wrote:
LMAO!!!
No, no, no...I got a job as a mechanic w/ NYC Dept. of Correction. The starting pay is GREAT and so are the hours Mon-Fri 7-3.
My wife and I were in real estate and have both been laid off due to the market. Its tough out there right now. We have a 3yr old and a new addition on the way so as you all could imagine I've been a nervous wreck for a while. I've been waiting for this call forever. There were so many administative problems with the hiring process @ Dept. of Correction and it held me up so long I was about to give up hope.

Man!!!! I found out that im having a son, I FINALLY got the job I wanted, Algreek is having a horrible winter;)...2008 is off to a great start.

Gaucho had been enlightening me as to the Cities hiring process this whole time and it really helped. For that im greatfull. Thank you. And thanks to you to Mike...I'll try and write post that require less deleting from now on lol;) God its good to be alive right now!

thats great news BF... its gonna get tough out there. there's good nd bad in all jobs so hold on tight . your on a 5 year probation period.
great hours though. u get paid for lunch or do you have 7 hour days

great job Gaucho

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
edvac wrote:
BLUEFISH9 wrote:
LMAO!!!

thats great news BF... its gonna get tough out there. there's good nd bad in all jobs so hold on tight . your on a 5 year probation period.
great hours though. u get paid for lunch or do you have 7 hour days

great job Gaucho

5 years!! Probation thats crazy thats more than they give some perps I thought 6 months was bad good luck with that

This post edited by STRIKERTHREE 07:50 PM 01/10/2008

·
Registered
27,361 Posts
BLUEFISH9 wrote:

Man!!!! I found out that im having a son, I FINALLY got the job I wanted, Algreek is having a horrible winter;)...2008 is off to a great start......
........God its good to be alive right now!
All that Good news even while Bush is still in office
How could that be?

Glad to hear you got the job & 2008 is looking so good!
And congrats on your son!!
Another boy for my daughter to out-fish ;)

·
Registered
41,913 Posts
not at our job every year you get another chance after the fifth your on your own. **** i lived with my wife 10 years nd had 2 kids before i married her:confused:

This post edited by edvac 08:04 PM 01/10/2008

·
Registered
27,361 Posts
STRIKERTHREE wrote:

5 years!! Probation thats crazy thats more than they give some perps I thought 6 months was bad good luck with that

Local 3 electricians have a 5 year apprenticeship program until they become Journeymen and I always thought they could get booted anytime during that process. True/False??:confused:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.