NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I just detailed my Whaler, got out some minor rust & other stains.
First try the less abrasive, use a good marine cleaner wax & a waxpad. Marine wax seems to clean better then auto waxes.
If that didnt work you " might" want to try Starbrites rust stain remover & a wax pad { it's an acid, oxylic acid something likr that, it's like wheel cleaner acid}. I used it only on inside gellcoat where it's not as shiny as the boat's exterior gellcoat.
If that didnt work, break out the Wen 7" polishing wheel with 3 m compound. Watch the corners, buff it, coat it with wax when finished.
If those things didnt work, well nothing will, repaint it!
Alan

·
Registered
131 Posts
Wet a piece of towel use some soft-scrub,(it is very mild)to get the stains out, then wax. It is also great for any chalked surfaces. Just rub gently, and wax.

This message was edited by NANSEA11 on 3-8-02 @ 5:37 PM

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I had a leak in an outboard tank and it really stained the deck(rough finish) I don't remember which I used, but it was either spray on Formula 409 (full strength and let it sit awhile) or Tilex. Whichever it was, it worked great! Just some suggestions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.