NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I am usually free-spending with my money, but last fall I started limiting my trips to South Shore from where I live ( Western Sound area). With my truck and the 80 miles round trip , looking at $20 every time I make that trip. Throwing in all the skunks I caught, very expensive trips :)!

This year depending on how fishing is, may stay closer to home.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
No

I do most of my fishing locally and plan on making my money in the market on solar energy!!! PS- the Yak and Hyundai 4cylinder is the best investment I made and I don't have to pay for a gym membership to boot. $12-$15 round trip to Montauk from Oceanside will now be $20.

I do feel bad for the 1 in 5 that will go under this winter due to oil prices for there home.

Election years lead to shakey economies everytime. Hope to look back in 1 1/2 years and laugh.

·
Registered
542 Posts
What model kayak

RP- Two things...at least you're "running" a kayak and not a boat. :) What model Hoby is that in your pic? I tried one out in CA recently and liked it. Considered getting one. The one I tried wasn't fishing specific. I was absolutely amazed at how well that thing moved though.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
MaxKatt1 wrote:
RP- Two things...at least you're "running" a kayak and not a boat. :) What model Hoby is that in your pic? I tried one out in CA recently and liked it. Considered getting one. The one I tried wasn't fishing specific. I was absolutely amazed at how well that thing moved though.

I have the Outback , I love it, I highly recommed a pedal kayak. I would not kayak if I had to paddle. The Hobie Outback, Revolution ( bigger ) and Adventure ( biggest) are made for fishing.

Do a search on the kayak board , alot of posts by myself and others on benefit of Hobies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.