NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering the garmin 182c gps/plotter.Can anyone tell me the pro's and con's of this unit.Is it user friendly,is it hard to follow while your running? (because of screen size)
I really like the garmin 2010 but I don't think I have the room on the dash.Thanks for any help.
paulie

· Banned
333 Posts
Paulie, friend of mine has the 182(black and white)and it works real good it is pretty user friendly,the color unit looks great because the buoys come up in the real color.I have only seen pics of unit in mags, is it available yet? I got the Parker Cabin in I slip at T.I. did you move boat out of marina? I just did radar and will most likely do the 182C next year myself. Frank

· Registered
1 Posts
A "GO" for the 182c

I just installed the 182c on my boat today. So far, so good! The colors are great and the detail is good too. It is very user friendly. If I had the money, and since I don't have toe room, I would have bought the 2006c. I saw that one too, and since the colors are 256 instead of 16, like the 182c, it looks much nicer. If you have the cash and the room, go for the 2006c. Otherwise, the 182c is an excellent choice. Plus, they are controlled exactly the same, so their both user friendly.

· Registered
202 Posts
Garmin 182

Paulie, if you're interested, I know a guy who sells Garmin products. He could have the Garmin 182C shipped to your door, with insurance, within five to ten business days, for $850. Brand new in the box with the warranty.

Capt. Jay

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.