NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody fished this boat?wass looking to go tile fishing with them somone told me boat has a lot of room to fish.sides and back of the boat are huge.was looking to fish with them or the voyager any info would be great thanks.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I have fished with the Gambler before offshore seabass and it is a very comfortable boat. We had a full boat and had plenty of room. There is a lot of room from the rail to the bench on the outside of the cabin. The stern is very big and open. The whole boat has a lot of rail space.

·
Registered
632 Posts
IThe Gambler is an excellent boat. Lots of space between the bench & the rail. Comfortable to fish & move around on. Also, very fast. The captains and crew are also excellent. I've never had a bad trip on the Gambler & always come home with fish. A collegue of mine & I had a nice day this past Sunday on a 20 - 40 mile wreck trip (160' deep). Came home w/ a nice cooler of ling & cod. Only problem w/ the Gambler is that they have stopped fishing until the end of march when they start sea bassin' again. If you have any questions, e-mail the captain, he'll get back to you.
Tight lines!
JD

·
Registered
303 Posts
Fished with the Voyager for tuna and the captain and crew are top notch.

Fished with the Gambler twice and will never step foot on that boat again.

Use to fish with the big Jamica and will not return to that boat either.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hey Dan
Would you mind sharing your negitive Gambler experience?
Honestly I'm suprized. I've been on the Gambler many times & never had a bad experience. But then again I have posted bad experiences on other party boats and some guys said they loved the boat.
Perhaps different people like different boats &/or everone, captain and crew included has an occasional bad day.
But then again I'm not the most experienced partyboat fisher & have never gone for tuna.
I will try to hit the Voyager based upon your recomendation.
Take care.
Jim D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gambler point pleasant

what did you not like about the boat want to know what to look for will fish the voyager their tile trips have more dates and their tile fish record is good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.